TRAINING AND COACHING
The evolving healthcare landscape presents tremendous opportunities and challenges to providers who are expected to improve health outcomes and patient experience while containing costs. Success in this dynamic environment requires providers to maximize their care teams, provide comprehensive care management and coordination, manage population health, and efficiently use health information technology to support patient-centered care. The content experts, trainers, and skilled coaches at PRHI help providers navigate the value-based healthcare environment.
PRHI developed its flagship process improvement methodology called Perfecting Patient CareSM (PPC) based on industrial engineering principles articulated by W. Edwards Deming, applied early as the Toyota Production System, and later known as Lean manufacturing. PPC has enabled many different quality champions to achieve success in many ways:
- improving maternity outcomes
- improving patient flow in the Emergency Department
- reducing errors in a hospital pathology lab
- virtually eliminating nosocomial infections
- helping primary care practices redesign workflow and optimize use of their EHR to improve patient outcomes
- improving communication and transitions of care "hand-offs" between acute and long-term care to decrease unnecessary readmissions
- supporting outreach workers in engaging lost-to-care HIV-positive and high-risk individuals into medical care
- developing community outreach workers' skills in long-term care resident settings
The Perfecting Patient CareSM method equips people at every organizational level with the tools and resources needed to eliminate errors, decrease inefficiency and waste, and deliver higher-quality care. PPC sets its clinical improvement goals at perfection.